Last modified on June 22, 2021 (version 4)
Previous Versions: Available here
Expected reading time: ~15 minutes
OUR NOTICE IN A SIP
|Who are we?
|ZX Ventures LLC (‘ZX‘) Our address is 125 W 24th St #7, New York, NY 10011, USA
|What personal data do we collect?
|We collect the information that you give us when you subscribe to our newsletter, when you contact us by email or social media, when you apply for a job or contact us for an investment opportunity. You can read more about the data we collect here
|How do we use your personal information?
|We use it to respond to your queries and requests; to send you marketing materials; to analyse and improve our site and our business. To learn more about the purposes and lawful basis for processing your data, click here
|Who do we share your personal data with?
Privacy Preference Centre
|How do we protect your data?
|We adopt technical and organisational measures to protect your data as comprehensively as possible, including encryption. You can find more here
|How can you exercise your data rights?
|By clicking here
|How can you contact us?
|For any data-related questions: firstname.lastname@example.org For media queries: Caitlin.email@example.com
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information you give us when you enter information on our website, when you subscribe to our newsletter or when you contact us by email or social media. This includes your name, email address, phone number, and may include your CV and LinkedIn profile. For the sole purpose of developing initiatives and strategies to promote diversity, equity and inclusion, on a voluntary basis and subject to your express consent, you’ll be asked demographic questions about your nationality, ethnicity and gender when you apply for a job or get in touch for investment opportunities.
Information we receive from other sources, such as from our affiliates and partners we jointly offer services with. We may also combine this with other information to improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
This may comprise your name, geographic location, age, shopping habits, user-generated content (such as blogs and social media postings), social media user name or other social media profile information (such as number of followers), in each case as permitted by law. We may also combine this with other information to improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (AND WHAT ARE THE LAWFUL BASES FOR THESE USES)?
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
|When you give us your consent to:
|To fulfil a contract or take steps linked to a contract to:
|As required to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular to:
|For legal reasons to:
3. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
4. HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
For the purposes identified above, we may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Our affiliates, the ZX family of companies;
- Reputable service providers that help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience, including matters such as marketing and mailing services, IT hosting and market research..
- Other parties when required by law to protect the rights, property, or safety of ZX, its customers, visitors to this website and/or the public.
- Other parties in connection with corporate transactions such as a mergers, acquisitions, sale of assets, or any other transaction that results in a change in control or ownership of ZX, in whole or in part.
You can rest assured that we’ll only disclose your information for the specific purposes mentioned in section 2 [link to section 2] and that your data security is being taken care of. These third parties are bound to process your personal data only on our strict instructions and when they can offer adequate technical and organizational measures to protect it.
In addition to the sharing described in this Notice, we may share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing. For example, if you voluntarily disclose or post information to a community forum or our social media channels, such information will be published to the community and may be published more widely by a member of the community or the nature of the forum.
5. DO WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ACROSS NATIONAL BORDERS?
This website is hosted in the United States. To the extent you provide personal data through the website, you are transferring your data to the United States (only to the extent that it is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in section 2.
We may also transfer your personal information to service providers located in countries other than the one in which you live.
But worry not, we will take appropriate steps to provide an adequate level of protection using the standards set within the EEA as minimum. No matter where you reside, your data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of this Notice and as required by the law.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We adopt technical and organizational measures to protect your data as comprehensively as possible. In addition to the commitment of our employees to secrecy and a careful selection and monitoring of our service providers -who are bound to comply with high security standards for the protection of your personal data- we also secure our operating environment adequately.
To protect your data against unwanted access, we use data encryption. Data collected from this website will be passed between your computer and our server and vice versa via the internet using data encryption in transit technology by using 256-Bit TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption.
However, the Internet is never 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that information during transmission or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third-party sites.
7. YOUR RIGHTS (AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM!)
You have the right to:
- be provided with a copy of any personal information that we hold about you, and receive information about our processing of your personal information;
- require us to update or correct any inaccurate personal information;
- require that we stop processing your personal information for the purpose of sending you direct marketing communications or for performing data analytics to derive consumer behaviors’ trends and patterns and improve our and our affiliates’ products and services.
You also have the right, in certain circumstances, to require us to delete your personal information; to object to the processing of your personal information; to restrict our processing; and to require us to transmit your personal information to you or to transfer or have them transferred to another data controller.If you are seeking to exercise any of your statutory rights or if you have any comments, queries, or complaints about our collection or use your personal information please click here
If you’re a California resident, please click here.
Your request will be investigated by our Data Protection Officer. A response to your request will be provided in writing as soon as possible, always within the statutory period to respond. We expect that our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your request. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
8. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND SUPPLEMENTAL CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
If you’re a California resident, this section provides additional details of the personal information we collect about you and the rights you have.
For more details about the personal information, we have collected over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, please see section 1. We collect this information for the purposes described in section 2. As described above in section 4 we also share and/or disclose your personal information as follows:
- For business purposes: we may share the following categories of your personal information with service providers, third parties, business partners, public or government (including enforcement) authorities, creditors, and successors for our business purposes: identifiers, information capable of being associated with you, information about products and services, internet or other electronic activity information (as described above), information related to job applicants (if submitted), and inferences drawn from information about you. As described above, examples of business purposes include performing transactions, registering accounts, managing our relationship with you, and monitoring for security threats and fraud.
- For commercial or other purposes: we may share the following categories of your personal information with third parties, business partners, and affiliates in a manner that constitutes a ‘sale’ under California law: identifiers, information capable of being associated with you, information about products and services, internet or other electronic activity information (as described above), information related to job applicants (if submitted), and inferences drawn from information about you. This information may be shared for the following purposes: personalization, analytics, marketing and retargeting.
As a California resident, you have the right to: (i) request access to your personal information; (ii) request deletion of your personal information; (iii) request information about the personal information about you that we have ‘sold’ (as such term is defined under California law) to third parties within the past 12 months; and (iv) opt-out of the ‘sale’ of your personal information. If you wish to request the exercise of any of these rights, please see the below options:
Please note that opting out of sales in the context of cookies will not stop us from presenting all advertisements to you on our online services. We may still present contextual or other advertisements to you that do not rely on ‘sales’ to our advertising partners.
- For other ‘sales’ – To exercise your right to opt out of any other ‘sales’ of your personal information, please click here
Thank you for visiting our site.
©2021, ZX Ventures LLC.