Intended for people over drinking age (this is, 21+ if you’re in the US). This site is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, persons under drinking age.
What information do we collect?
Information you give us when you enter information on certain pages on the site (for example, when you apply for a job or to the Zxlerator, our summer accelerator program) or when you contact us by email. This includes your name, email address, phone number, and may include your CV, cover letter and LinkedIn profile.
Information we receive from other sources, such as from our affiliates and partners we jointly offer services with. Social media platforms may also give us information about you if you connect to our website through them.
How do we use your information?
We use the information you give to us to:
- make sure you have a great, customised experience using our services;
- provide customer service and support and respond to your queries and requests;
- use it within ZX Ventures LLC and its affiliates as we continue to brew up the future, today;
- keep you updated on our latest announcements or send emails with information about our products that we believe may be of interest to you (if you have consented us doing so);
- analyze, manage and improve the website and our products and services, including by analyzing preferences, interests and purchases;
- help us diagnose problems with our server or other technical issues relating to the performance of the website; and
- protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the website and services, our employees, or other users and to comply with applicable law.
In accordance with the law, we will only retain your personal information for the period necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided. We keep this data under periodic review to ensure it is still necessary for us to retain it.
How we share your information?
We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies and with reputable service providers and other partners that help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience, including matters such as marketing and mailing services, IT hosting and market research.
We may also disclose your personal information as necessary to protect the security and integrity of our site according with the law, in the event that we sell or transfer –or negotiate to sell or transfer- all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, or as required or authorized by law.
You can rest assured that we’ll only disclose your information for the specific purposes mentioned in 2 [hyperlink to section 2] and that your data security is being taken care of. These third parties are bound to process your personal data only on our strict instructions and when they can offer adequate technical and organizational measures to protect it.
International data transfers
Security of data
We adopt technical and organisational measures to protect your data as comprehensively as possible. In addition to the commitment of our employees to secrecy and a careful selection and monitoring of our service providers -who are bound to comply with high security standards for the protection of your personal data- we also secure our operating environment adequately.
To protect your data against unwanted access, we use data encryption. Data collected from this website will be passed between your computer and our server and vice versa via the internet using data encryption in transit technology by using 256-Bit TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption. Data stored in our database is encrypted using data encryption in storage technology by using 256-Bit AES encryption.
However, the Internet is never 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that information during transmission or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third-party sites.
Your rights (and how to exercise them!)
If you’re located in the European Economic Area or in the UK, you have the right to request details of personal information which we hold about you as well as the purpose of its processing (you can check in 2 [hyperlink to section 2] the lawful basis we rely on to process your information). You may as well seek to update, delete or object to this processing if you wish.
If you are seeking to exercise any of your statutory rights or if you have any comments, queries, or complaints about our collection or use your personal information please click here [insert link to https://privacyportalde-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/11821760-d248-4745-b43e-10d85e89e988/c991dd1d-baf1-42f6-9e16-55c7a2d782a7.html ]
If you’re a California resident, please click here [insert link to section 7].
Your request will be investigated by our Data Protection Officer. A response to your request will be provided in writing as soon as possible and certainly within 30 calendar days of the days we received the request. We expect that our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your request. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
California Privacy Rights and Supplemental California Privacy Notice
If you’re a California resident, this section provides additional details of the personal information we collect about you and the rights you have.For more details about the personal information we have collected over the last 12 months, including the categories of sources, please see section 1 [insert link to section 1]. We collect this information for the purposes described in section 2 [insert link to section 2]. As described above in section 3 [insert link to section 3] we also share and/or disclose your personal information as follows:
- Sharing your personal information for business purposes: we may share the following categories of your personal information with service providers, third parties, business partners, public or government (including enforcement) authorities, creditors, and successors for our business purposes: identifiers, information capable of being associated with you, information about products and services, internet or other electronic activity information (as described above), information related to job applicants (if submitted), and inferences drawn from information about you. As described above, examples of business purposes include performing transactions, registering accounts, managing our relationship with you, and monitoring for security threats and fraud.
- Sharing your personal information for commercial or other purposes: we may share the following categories of your personal information with third parties, business partners, and affiliates in a manner that constitutes a ‘sale’ under California law: identifiers, information capable of being associated with you, information about products and services, internet or other electronic activity information (as described above), information related to job applicants (if submitted), and inferences drawn from information about you. This information may be shared for the following purposes: personalization, analytics, marketing, retargeting, and sales.
As a California resident, you have the right to: (i) request access to your personal information; (ii) request deletion of your personal information; (iii) request information about the personal information about you that we have ‘sold’ (as such term is defined under California law) to third parties within the past 12 months; and (iv) opt-out of the ‘sale’ of your personal information. If you wish to request the exercise of any of these rights, please see the below options:
Please note that opting out of sales in the context of cookies will not stop us from presenting all advertisements to you on our online services. We may still present contextual or other advertisements to you that do not rely on ‘sales’ to our advertising partners.
- For other ‘sales’ – To exercise your right to opt out of any other ‘sales’ of your personal information, please click here [insert link to https://privacyportalde-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/11821760-d248-4745-b43e-10d85e89e988/c4943c13-5081-47e1-bdc4-79acb061c218.html]
Just so you know, our legal name is ZX Ventures LLC. You can contact us at email@example.com if your query relates to your personal data, or you can contact Caitlin (Caitlin.firstname.lastname@example.org) for any media query [Caitlin to confirm if ok]. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Thank you for visiting our site.
©2019, ZX Ventures LLC.